Name (first only) and city/town you live in?
June from Okotoks
What you sell and why?
Vintage I am an addict, i love old stuff and it was my late father-in-law that really inspired me to get into it. also shortly after we moved to Alberta 7 years ago, we bought a record collection consisting of a few thousand from a guy at the farmer's market which we then sold at the market ourselves in a little booth. it was there i met another guy who had an even bigger collection as he had his own moving company and had amassed a HUMONGOUS collection over the years because of stuff people didn't want and said he could have. we bought another 25,000 pieces from him. We sell those Gemm but i am slowly putting some of that collection into my shop as well.
When and how you got started?
I've been collecting for awhile. my father-in-law was a buyer/dealer in Montreal and when i first went to my in-laws place back in early 80s, i was awestruck by their place, it was like a museum. i wanted that.
How did you decide on your shop name?
Is there an item in your shop you enjoyed making the most and why?
What’s your favourite part of the selling experience?
Do you have a day job?
I did up until late last spring. I've been off because of a recurring illness. I haven't not worked in so long and it felt wrong to be at home at first, but I've since realized that i needed this time to really get to the bottom of this thing and get the right meds as well as other therapy. i wish i had done this years ago but I'm doing it now. hope to be back to work outside the home by spring some time. i have a retail management background in Vancouver, and in Alberta I've been working as an AP administrator because i was not going back to retail hours. eeeuuuwww.
Are there other crafts you’d like to try?
9. Please provide 5 random facts about yourself to help the team get to know you better.
- originally from Vancouver
- with my husband Michael for 32 years, married for 26 1/2 of them
- daughter Jess in Victoria 27, waiting for the grand baby..., and son Matt 26 in Calgary, he moved here with us
- our mortgage is up this august so we'll be deciding this summer whether to stay here, go back to BC but not Vancouver or go to Montreal where Michael is from and where i just love to be. just don't know if i want to move even further away from my kids.
Thanks June !
stay up to date with June here